The Purpose of "Age successfully home program" is to encourage older adults of all levels of physical ability to participate in an online, quality exercise program from the comfort of their own home.
The videos are created to improve balance, mobility, strength and power (reactive strength) based on current research.
Who would benefit:
- Experiencing balance issues
- Slower walking speed
- Parkinson’s or any other condition that effect daily life
- A recent lower body surgery (e.g. Hip or Knee replacement)
- Osteoarthritis affecting your lower limbs or low bone density
- Previous falls or wants to prevent the risk of future falls
Sit to Stand
Wall Triple Extension
Sit to Stand Ball Throws
Plyometrics Double Leg
Single Leg Leap
Warning! Single Leg Leap should only be executed if you've seen trained professional first.
How to Check your Pulse
To measure your heart rate, simply check your pulse. Place your index and third fingers on your neck to the side of your windpipe.
To check your pulse at your wrist, place two fingers between the bone and the tendon over your radial artery — which is located on the thumb side of your wrist.
When you feel your pulse, count the number of beats in 15 seconds. Multiply this number by four to calculate your beats per minute.
Goal work intensity: 60-70% HRR
Results will display here...