- We, at Prana Physiotherapy, care for the whole person and not just the injury. Our focus is on optimizing movement function, rather than just telling you what is wrong with you and what you should stop doing!
- We are movement specialists and we empower people to achieve their goals and enable people to live an active life style.
- Injury to optimal performance is a continuum. We help people along this continuum in every step by offering individualized pain management strategies, graded strength training and rehabilitation services.
- Pain is a sensation (just like heat, cold, touch and prick) and every person has a different experience of pain.
- We look at managing pain from a bio-psycho-social perspective, where every individual is unique in the way they cope with their pain experience. Thus our pain management and injury rehabilitation strategies are tailored towards individual needs and goals.
Meaning of Prana: Prana in Sanskrit means the ``Life force`` translated as ``Breath`` or Vitality.
Prana Physiotherapy's Philosophy - Liberating Instead of Limiting
- To promote movement as medicine for the elderly, by providing our services across gyms and community health care centres globally
- To provide movement medicine to people who seek better health, wellbeing and/or sporting performance
- To create a platform where movement experts from diverse fields collaborate to bridge the gap between research and practical application for all things related to achieving excellence in movement performance
Prana Physiotherapy's Team
Our team is made up of qualified physiotherapists and structural restoration therapists.
Our Founder and CEO is Shouvik Nandy, a locally trained and qualified Physiotherapist and Personal Trainer. He has dedicated himself to bridging the gap between Physiotherapy and Exercise Science as well as educating clinicians and personal trainers in India.
Shouvik firmly believes that movement is a powerful medicine. He has a particular interest in chronic musculoskeletal conditions (shoulder injury, chronic low back pain, knee osteo-arthritis), pre and post-surgical rehabilitation, Parkinson'’s population and sports injury rehabilitation.
He has worked with BodyTech Supervised Gym since 2007 and his most cherished physiotherapy work experience includes Auckland Hospital Orthopaedics and the Vodafone Warriors. His educational and vocational experience includes:
Education and Internship :-
➢ Bachelor of Physiotherapy, Auckland University of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand, 2017
➢ Diploma in Fitness / Personal Training, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 2007
➢ Diploma in Sports Coaching and Management, Sports Institute of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand, 2006
➢ Sports Physiotherapy, NZ Vodaphone Warriors, Auckland, New Zealand / Australia, 2018
➢ Orthopaedics in-patient physiotherapist, Auckland Hospital, Auckland, 2017
➢ Sports physiotherapist, College Rifles Rugby, Auckland, 2017
➢ Neuro Physiotherapist, Parkinson group class, Neuro Rehabilitation Group, Auckland 2016